Sunday, November 8, 2009

book the third, chapter the fifth













these books make me smile to no end. i bought some more today.

my pride and prejudice is now joined oliver twist and alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass.

i think anyone who has ever actually been in to a bookstore with me will understand how much i love these books. you see i have what you might even be able to define as ocd about books. i need them to match. this is mainly a problem because i read a lot of series of books plus my dad's a librarian so i usually buy books quite a while after i read them and this often results in re-publications with new covers and different sizes and this drives me mad! for instance, i'm never ever going to be able to find the 8th deltora quest book 'return to del' with the cover that matches the rest of the books that i already own. i mean who wants a book with a stupid holographic cover? not i! and i'm never going to be able to find the first septimus heap book in hardcover either.

but penguin you have solved my woes. you have given me classics that look pretty, match and contain some amazing tales- now i just have to be fast enough to buy them before they decide to change their covers again.


















bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment